Thursday, June 30, 2011

Update on the Project

The portion of this project funded by a Minnesota Historical Society Legacy Grant ended on June 30. The final tally was 24 interviews with Minnesota journalists from across the decades. This site archives the audio recordings, PDF transcripts, photos and short bios of each journalist. All documents can be used for non-commercial uses with attribution under a Creative Commons license. If you noticed any typos in the hundreds of pages of documents, please let me know.

Although I'm pretty happy with the end result (and hopefully learned from mistakes I've made), I'd like to continue the project on my own to gather a more diverse picture of Minnesota journalism. The interviews I was able to conduct during the first portion of the project sadly didn't include many journalists from the ethnic or alternative media, two main interests of mine. If you have suggestions of more people I should interview, from any part of the Minnesota journalism world, please pass on their contact information.

Thanks!
Jon Collins, Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment